Doagh Equestrian Deals are now stocking the Liveryman range of Horse Clippers.
The product we recommend most is the Liveryman Black Beauty Clipper, available corded or as the new cordless model.
The Black Beauty horse clipper is the first mains operated brushless motor clipper that also comes with a battery back for remote operation.
Designed with expert input from UK & Ireland horse owners and professionals Black Beauty’s sleek design and ergonomic body make it stand out from the traditional chunky clipper handset but its most desirable qualities are hidden beneath the bodywork in its brushless motor.
The Black Beauty horse clipper’s brushless motor will provide up to 10,000 hours of work.
Cutting performance is smooth due to its unique streamlined aluminium head.
A variable speed setting also provides for clipping speeds of 1,500 and 2,700 rpm while the multi vent design ensures cool running at all times.
Black Beauty is available as both a mains unit and with a re-chargeable battery pack which provides four hours of clipping time from a four hour charge.
Both mains and battery pack models come in sturdy carry cases complete with instruction for use documentation, clipper oil and brush.
Both models are fitted with A2 Liveryman cutter & comb blade sets as standard.
How to care for your clippers
By following the guidelines provided you will ensure efficient running of animal clippers and prolong clipper and blade life.
- Ensure animals are clean and dry before clipping. Removing grease and debris will help prolong blade life.
- A greasy dirty coat, over tension of the clipper blades, or lack of oil can shorten blade life. Always use sharp clipping blades and have a spare set with you before commencing clipping.
- Lack of lubrication can result in unsatisfactory clipping results and overheating of the clipper. For best performance use a light blade tension and apply oil to the clipper blades every 5 to 10 minutes. Do not forget to drop oil in the hole just behind the tension nut if there is one.
- Use the oil provided or Liveryman clipper oil. Never use diesel oil.
- Brush air filter regularly during use to keep free of hair. Remove and clean filters when clipping has finished.
- Do not leave a clipper running in free air when not clipping. The blades will become hot and blunt.
- Liveryman clippers are designed for the clipping of animals only.
Before carrying out any maintenance activities, ensure the clipper is switched off and unplugged from the power source. Remove the clipper blades and thoroughly clean the clipper with the brush and a soft clean cloth. Blade wash and a small brush can be used to clean the blades and cavity in the clipper head. Remove air filters and blow clean with air line (if available), or brush free of hair. Wipe dry the clipper with a soft cloth and store in a carrying case.
We recommend an annual service for clippers in heavy work or after 200 hours use.
The blade must be lubricated before and after each use. This will maintain it in good condition and will extend its service life. Non-stop usage for hours may cause overheating of blades, reducing the cutting performance and shortening their life. Should the blades overheat, switch the unit off for a few minutes to let it cool down and lubricate the blades. Hair must be clean and dry before cutting. Foreign matter hidden in the hair may damage the blade edge. Hair may gather in the inside of the blade housing during use. Too much stored hair will reduce the oscillating ability of the blades and cause malfunctioning. Always clean up hair in the blade housing before and after each use. Avoid impact of the blade with hard objects as this may cause damage to the blade teeth.
If the cutting efficiency is reduced substantially despite proper maintenance, the blade has exceeded its service life and should be re-sharpened or replaced. Blade sharpening is a specialised operation, return the blades to a qualified blade sharpening and repair company.
Ensure clipper is thoroughly cleaned before storage. Store the clipper in a warm and dry place between 5C and 35C.
Blades should be removed after clipping. Remove them from clipper head, clean thoroughly and wrap them in an oiled cloth to prevent them from rusting.
Hints for maintaining the life of battery packs
- Some Liveryman clippers come with an optional battery pack. In order to get the best out of your battery pack and to prolong its life we recommend the following:
- Periodically, fully discharge the battery pack by powering the clipper until the clipper stops. During this process, do not attach the blades to clipper.
- When not in use, it is recommended to charge the battery at least every 6 months.
- Always fully charge the battery after clipping, or prior to storing the battery pack for long periods of time.
- Store the battery pack in a warm and dry location at a temperature between 5C and 35C.
- Do not regularly use the battery pack for a few minutes at a time.