Baileys No.21 Ease & Excel is an innovative new low starch feed, designed to help provide a fully balanced diet, with appropriate levels of slow release energy to promote condition and support performance.
Low starch, high fibre, high oil blend
Suitable for equines prone to GASTRIC ULCERS as part of a balanced diet.
Ease & Excel is ideal for promoting weight gain, maintaining condition and supporting performance in all horses and ponies requiring a low starch diet. The high fibre content is rich in superfibres, which are highly digestible and yield large amounts of slow release energy. The fibre sources are also high in the soluble fibre, pectin, which, in acidic conditions like those in the stomach, alters its structure to one that is similar to mucus and has been shown to bind to, and thicken, the stomach mucosa thereby protecting it from acid attack.
The feed contains no cereal flakes, thus ensuring a minimal starch content and making the mix ideal for stressy, excitable types as well as those with clinical requirements for a low starch diet, like horses prone to gastric ulcers. Outshine is included, to provide slow release calories, from a blend of soya and linseed oils, while alfalfa chaff encourages the horse to chew and has natural acid-buffering properties.
Ease & Excel is fully balanced with vitamins and Bioplex® minerals and contains superior levels of antioxidants, from vitamins C, E and Sel-Plex® selenium, to support healthy muscle function, performance and immunity. The bespoke In-Feed Formula, from Protexin, contains natural antacids, to buffer excess stomach acid, and ingredients to sooth and protect the gut lining. Its pre and probiotics support a healthy gut microflora, encouraging digestive efficiency and stimulating fibre digestion, of particular importance for horses whose forage intake may become limited.
- Low starch (8%): Ease & Excel contains no micronised cereal flakes so its digestible Energy (DE) content of 13MJ/kg is delivered by fibre and oil.
- Low Sugar (6%): The carefully selected blend of energy sources and other ingredients keeps sugar content to a minimum.
- High Fibre (18%): Ease & Excel contains soya hulls, beet pulp and alfalfa, all rich sources of superfibres, which are more digestible than ‘traditional’ fibre (cellulose), yielding greater amounts of slow release energy. Fibre is also provided by oatfeed, a highly beneficial by-product of the oat-milling industry, which is particularly palatable and remarkably low in starch.
- High Energy (13MJ/kg): Ease & Excel provides sufficient calories to maintain condition and fuel performance in the harder working horse, while still keeping starch levels to a minimum.
- High Oil (10.5%): Ease & Excel contains Baileys Outshine high oil supplement which supplies a blend of oils from soya and linseed for slow release energy. Oil has also been shown to have a glycogen-sparing effect which helps improve stamina, while the balance of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids supplied by Outshine is designed to help avoid an imbalance in the body.
- Quality Protein (13%): Quality protein, supplying good levels of essential amino acids, is important for the development of strong healthy muscles and in supporting the tissue repair and recovery that is ongoing in the working equine athlete. With correct work, a Baileys-fed horse will always stand out with a rounded top line and musculature which is achievable without the need for expensive amino acid supplementation.
- Superior Vitamins and Minerals: Ease & Excel is a fully balanced feed so does not require the addition of a balancer, unless less than the recommended quantity is being fed. It contains performance levels of these essential nutrients to support horses with high workloads and includes Bioplex minerals which are more easily absorbed and utilised by the horses’s body so he gets more from every mouthful.
- Horses with increased calorie requirements known to need a low starch diet.
- Stressy, excitable horses needing calories for condition and performance.
- Those needing tailored dietary support for healthy muscle function.
Soya Bean Hulls, Oatfeed, Alfalfa Meal, Alfalfa & Green Oat Straw Chaff, Soya Oil, Distillers’ Grains, Ground Beet Pulp, Micronised Wheat, Soya Bean Meal*, Molasses, Micronised Soya Beans, Micronised Linseed, Wheatfeed, Vitamins and Minerals, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Beta-Glucans (0.15g/kg), Magnesium Carbonate, Fructo-oligosaccharide (3g/kg)
- Digestible Energy: 13 MJ/KG
- Protein: 13%
- Oil: 10.5%
- Fibre: 18%
- Ash: 8%
- Starch: 8%
- Sugar: 6%